Author Topic: Network Backups  (Read 1696 times)

gollnick

• Calf
Network Backups
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
I just received my 1400D Tesastation. Hooked it up and configured it according to instructions.
Want to create my backup sets but am having a hard time figuring it out. Do I need software such as BounceBack setup on a windows 7 box and configure all backups to hit this new box? Or is there something on the 1400D which I can configure and run? I see the BACKUP tab and select it. From there I can see setting schedule et all.....  but WHERE do I select the SOURCE (someplace on the network) and pick what I want backed up?
HELP

gollnick

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Network Backups
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »
The backup tab on the TeraStation interface is for backing up the TeraStation. If you want to back up a Windows system to the TeraStation you will need backup software. The TeraStation comes with 10 licenses for NovaBACKUP for desktop. You can find a link on how to get the software on the downloads page on the Buffalo website here: http://www.buffalotech.com/products/terastation-1000-series

This is all assuming you're in the US. If not, you'll need to check with the region you bought the TeraStation in.