Author Topic: LS QL on I17 & I14 Messages  (Read 1353 times)

louviv

• Calf
LS QL on I17 & I14 Messages
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »
I have a LinkStation QL/R5 Series NAS.  I have the I17 Re-syncing Raid Array message and also the I14 Checking Raid Array message.  I believe the Re-syncing started first then the Checking Raid array was scheduled and started afterward.  These have been running for a couple days now.  The unit's light is blue flashing amber (1 long, 7 short), which seems to indicate I17 is still in process?  I can access the web interface, it takes a little bit to get there, but it does come up - the main screen says "Currently a Disk Format or Disk Check is Being Carried Out" and I cannot access any of the other menus.  My concern is that in the NAS Navigator window it shows UNFORMATTED.  It also says do not power off.  Do I just let it keep going?  Do I risk losing data by letting it keep going or do I risk powering down and pulling the drives out of the unit to rescue data?  Any insights would be appreciated and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: LS QL on I17 & I14 Messages
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 03:28:59 PM »
How long have you waited? What is the state of your backup?
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**