Author Topic: All of a sudden - can't connect  (Read 6876 times)

dhall

• Calf
All of a sudden - can't connect
« on: December 19, 2017, 11:08:13 AM »
I have an older TeraStation TS-RXL28C that has been fine until this morning. There was a series of Microsoft updates that have been removed, however I cannot access any Windows shares on this device now. I can ping it by IP from the server I use it for. It is not in the domain, and is used for simple file backups. There are 2 shares on this device, and I cannot see either one from my Windows 2008R2 server. I feel this is an SMB issue, however the server does not have SMB signing enabled. I can see the device with NAS Navigator, but again- no shares.
I have gone so far as to reset the Terastation back to factory defaults, but no joy.

Anybody have any ideas??
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:10:13 AM by dhall »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: All of a sudden - can't connect
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
Is SMB1 still enabled on the server?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

absolutesavage

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
Yes Windows has pushed out updates recently that disabled SMB1. You can access the WebUI of the unit and modify SMB settings to 2.0 or higher and then restart the server. You should then be able to access the shares from the server.

HowardWoodard

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »
I am running a LS421DEE5A under Windows 10 and the same thing has happened to me.  Windows tells me that my USB share that is connected to the Buffalo server is using the unsafe protocol SMB1 and requires SMB2 or higher.  The LS421DEE5A is running the latest fw (1.84).

Is the web ui you refer to the Wonky page?  If so, I don't see anywhere to modify SMB settings.

Is there any way that I can re-enable the USB share on my server?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »

HowardWoodard

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:27:30 AM »
Thanks.  When I look at SMB on the LinkStation it shows that it us using SMB2.  Yet when I try to access it from Windows it says that I am using unsafe SMB1 and won't let me.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 10:29:35 AM »
Make sure that the SMB2 is set to "enabled" in the UI and try disabling SMB1 on the PC.

There's no way to force SMB1 off on the LinkStation.