Author Topic: Drive error on replaced drive  (Read 2316 times)

todd@cashfactoryusa.com

• Calf
Drive error on replaced drive
« on: December 07, 2017, 03:33:25 PM »
I have a Linkstation LSWX2.0 NAS with firmware version 1.73 (DTCP-IP:1.65-20130731). The drive 1 failed with too many bad blocks. So I purchased the exact same model, DT01ACA100, as was in the unit and now when it comes up it still says "Error" under drive status when I view Storage under System in the web GUI.

I'm able to access the web GUI obviously, and I'm able to access the "info" share but no other shares allow access. From everything I've found it indicates I can just shove a new drive in there, with the power off of course, and it should do the rebuild automatically.

The info light on the front blinks one long and four short which as best I can tell from the documentation indicates "The RAID array is being checked."

1. What drive do I need?
2. Shouldn't I be able to access the data while it's in degraded mode?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Drive error on replaced drive
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:41:50 AM »
From everything I've found it indicates I can just shove a new drive in there, with the power off of course, and it should do the rebuild automatically

Where did you read this? It's not true, you need to start the rebuild yourself under the System/Storage/Array1 tab.

Post a screenshot of what is being displayed in the Storage section.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

todd@cashfactoryusa.com

• Calf
Re: Drive error on replaced drive
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 04:09:06 PM »
When I look at the status of the drive, it shows as "Error" and the ability to rebuild the array is grayed out.

I can't figure out how to attach a screenshot so if someone can explain that, I can attach one that shows what I described above.