Author Topic: Cannot uninstall Buffalo MiniStation to allow Windows 10 update  (Read 2668 times)

AzRunner7

• Calf
Windows 10 sends me a message to Uninstall Buffalo TurboPC EX in order to complete the update to the next Version.

I have uninstalled Buffalo TurboPC EX, but Windows still thinks it is there. I have tried various suggestions from the Microsoft community to no avail. Buffalo Support only lasts 90 days (thanks a lot), so I'm just seeing if anyone else has had this problem and found a way around it.

I have gone through "regedit" and deleted instances of "Buffalo" but still no luck.
I have reinstalled Buffalo TurboPC EX and then uninstalled it again, to no avail.

Thanks.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Cannot uninstall Buffalo MiniStation to allow Windows 10 update
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »
Are you attempting to update an existing Windows 10 installation or is this an attempt to update to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows?

What version of TurboPC EX have you installed?

cprstn54

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:59:04 AM »
I have the same problem, complicated by the fact that my drive died shortly after the warranty period and I no longer have it to assist a reinstall and removal of the software (which I downloaded).  I did it anyway and tried removal with Control Panel and with Revo. No joy.

It would be nice if the product lasted as long as the problems it causes.

Ken C

clc2

• Calf
  • Owns a Buffalo 2TB Desktop External Disk Drive
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:28:16 PM »
The silence on this topic is deafening.   

clc2

• Calf
  • Owns a Buffalo 2TB Desktop External Disk Drive
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »
My problem was related.  Windows 10 Upgrade wanted BUFFALO TurboPC EX series removed before upgrade.

What I finally did was to unplug the HDMI cable from the Buffalo Drive.    The update took ages, but it installed.

Specifically, I was able to update from an installed Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.877) to Version 1709, (OS Build 16299.125). 

My question, now, is: Do I  need to unplug the drive every time that I need it updated?

The Buffalo Boffins, bless their little hearts, have not been helpful so far.  2 years, thousands of views, no answers: http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=23454.msg84662#msg84662