Author Topic: LS-WTGL Need HELP on how to get out of EM Emergency Mode  (Read 5761 times)

nohair

• Calf
LS-WTGL Need HELP on how to get out of EM Emergency Mode
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:03:47 PM »
Hurricane Harvey came through last week and did something to my music server.  It is stuck in EM mode and NAS Navigator 2.0 won't help me get it out.  I couldn't find any support information on the Buffalo support website for this older LS-W1.0TGL/R1-US model.  I was looking for LSupdater and the latest firmware for this oldie. Guess I should retire it but this is the first time it has died. Of course, I would like to recover the data if possible.  Any help is appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-WTGL Need HELP on how to get out of EM Emergency Mode
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:49:18 AM »
Does your device have 1 USB port or 2 USB ports at the back?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup

nohair

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
It has 2 USB ports on the rear of the box.
Thanks for the recommendation, I may need to use the service if I can't get this to go again.

Also, Does anyone have experience using ACP-Commander, command line version or the GUI version to reboot out of EM mode?
Seems there is some utility software out there to resurrect this oldie, if I can find a version that will work.

After further reading it seems that if the LS-WTGL looses power three times and doesn't complete a complete successful boot cycle it goes off into EM mode. 
This is most likely what happened as my UPS got knocked off too by hurricane Harvey. 
There are no blinking lights on the NAS and 2 solid green lights on the front re ON.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 12:34:01 AM by nohair »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 06:39:29 AM »
Download the firmware from below, unzip it and run the .exe with any security software disabled.

http://www.buffalo-technology.fr/download_file.php?r=4048
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

nohair

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »
Thanks so much! :)
That worked like magic.
I was worried a little because the window that came up said the LS-WTGL was re-booting which took a very long time.
I noticed the lights were flashing wildly and then NAS Navigator 2 picked it up.
It appears all my data is still fully intact.
Again Thanks!   :)

I guess now I need to try to get the Backup part of the NAS working.   :(
It just never would connect with a Backup server which is only turned on periodically.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 04:27:54 AM »
Glad it's working again. Make sure you get that backup done.

spandaman

• Calf
  • Marching On Together
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »
Download the firmware from below, unzip it and run the .exe with any security software disabled.

http://www.buffalo-technology.fr/download_file.php?r=4048

First of all Thank you for you post as the pack you posted was the only one that would recognise my Nas in EM mode.

Thanks so much! :)
That worked like magic.
I was worried a little because the window that came up said the LS-WTGL was re-booting which took a very long time.
I noticed the lights were flashing wildly and then NAS Navigator 2 picked it up.
It appears all my data is still fully intact.
Again Thanks!   :)

I guess now I need to try to get the Backup part of the NAS working.   :(
It just never would connect with a Backup server which is only turned on periodically.

I have been stuck waiting nearly 3hrs after firmware update for my Nas to fully boot. Could you tell me roughly how long yours took cheers
Knowledge is not Knowledge if only you know it.

spandaman

• Calf
  • Marching On Together
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
Just so nobody else finds this thread lacking info or progress updates (times etc) and needs any help in this same situation.

I have finally sorted my 4tb LS-WTGL that was in Emergency mode. After hours of waiting for the updater/Nas to finish updating i decided to try different methods. AND finally i had some success. JUST SO YOU KNOW THIS WAY I HAD TO SACRAFICE MY DATA BUT AT LEAST I NOW HAVE A WORKING NAS, WHEN STUCK IN EM MODE I HAD NONE!!!!

Download the file previously posted by davo (Thanks again)

Once downloaded and extracted, open LSUpdater config file (.ini) in notepad.

This is a exact copy of my settings that worked perfect for me, copy and paste them or edit the ini as needed.

Code: [Select]
[Application]
Title = BUFFALO LS-WTGL/R1-V3 Updater Ver.3.09
WaitReboot = 999
WaitFormat = 500

[Target]
ProductID = 0x00003004
Name = LS-WTGL/R1-V3

[Flags]
VersionCheck = 0
NoFormatting = 0

[SpecialFlags]
Debug=1

Now run the LSUpdater.exe, right click on top window bar the and select debug options.

These are my settings:

Now Update, it took my 4tb Nas, around 15 mins to complete update and then shut down. After turning back on  around 7-10 mins of the Amber "!" light. Once the power led has stopped flashing your Nas should be shown in navigator as ok now.

Right click go to setting that should open up your Nas control panel. (mine was reset after my update back to japanese).

Login with:

User: admin
Pass: password

Change the language to yours and enjoy setting up your NAS again.

I hope this helps someone because i spent too long trying to figure this out on my device.

Knowledge is not Knowledge if only you know it.