Author Topic: Terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5 network can't see it  (Read 2489 times)

kevinw

• Calf
Terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5 network can't see it
« on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:37 PM »
Well I have had this baby for quite awhile and for some strange reason I can't talk to it anymore.  I've tried resetting it with the INIT button, rebooted and still can't see it using the Client Utility.  I have a solid LINK light,  Shows no diagnostic light, and I have solid green lights on the Status/Full lights.  But I know they are not anywhere near this.  So my questions are:

1. Any suggestions on what to try to get this running?

2. Any suggestions on best way to get my data off these drives.  Can I pull the drive into a portable drive mount, connect it to my PC and can I read it?  Do I have to do that on all four drives? 

Really appreciate the help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5 network can't see it
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38:25 PM »
Can the NAS Navigator software see it?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »
No unfortunately. 

vledesma3

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »
I have a similar, but different issue. 

I have 2 Terastation HD-H1.0TGL/R5 and can see both of them through Windows Explorer\ Network, but the NAS Navigator SW network can't see it.

I tried accesing the drives, but my UID and Password are not working.  I may trythe INIT button to reset to factory Default, but am wondering if there is another way to extract the data.

Maybe hanging these off a USB cable and directly connect a laptop to them??

If worse case - I would try your suggestion and remove the drives and individually plug them into a portable drive mount.

-V

kevinw

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »
Can the NAS Navigator software see it?

Davo - here is where I am at and hope you can advise.  I purchased a used HD-H1 from eBay. Stripped my disk out and installed them in the new used one.  It connects.  Navigator sees it but I can access it.  I get:

"You might not have permission to use this network resource, The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

I've tried to use the INIT button while running I pressed for 15 seconds and it didn't seem to change anything. 

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:27:05 PM by kevinw »