Author Topic: LinkStation LS220DE why it can not spin down the disks in idle???  (Read 3990 times)

agodng

• Calf
Hi to all, I bought this NAS LS220DE and I was very surprised for performance (80MB/s read and 45MB/s write) and also for building materials, but unfortunately after upgrade to last firmware 1.66 and after configuring it I noticed which is missing option to spin down the disks in idle

considering that I bought this nas to keep it all day turned on as a dlna server and considering that my disks are a bit noise this feature for me is essential because I can not turn it on and off every time I have to access dlna, the media database refresh takes more than 15 minutes, I tried configuring "Sleep Timer settings" but they do not matter to me..

so I wonder if I can put in spin down the disks in idle, or if an firmware update is planned that adds this feature
otherwise I'll have to send it back to the seller

I'm sorry because everything else is an excellent product

thank you

agodng

• Calf
Re: LinkStation LS220DE why it can not spin down the disks in idle???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:43:24 AM »
Hi, nobody of the Buffalo staff has responded to my 3 posts on issue of spin-down disks, and BitTorrent problem

after sales service is very lacking

and I decided to go back nas to the seller

regards Buffalo

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation LS220DE why it can not spin down the disks in idle???
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:40:50 AM »
This option was never available on the LS200 series.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!