Author Topic: Backup multiple shared folders from LS520 to USB disk  (Read 96 times)

ChrisKnol

• Calf
Backup multiple shared folders from LS520 to USB disk
« on: October 29, 2017, 12:08:50 pm »
I'm having trouble backing up my LS520 (2x 2Tb, sw version 4.13) to USB-disk. I can define one backup-job from one shared directory to the USB-disk. When I try to save a second one (different job-name, different shared directory as source, same target: "/device/homes/USB/usbdisk1/", I do get the message "Differential and incremental backups could not be configured simultaneously for the same folders".

The message appears regardless the backup-mode: full, diff, incr.

The backup-software should create a directory on the USB disk when backing up in diff and incr mode with the same name as the job-name: with my device, it doesn't (therefore the error message makes kind of sense  ::) ).

I've tried the USB-disk in NTFS, Ext3 and Ext4: all the same.

Would appreciate your ideas!

Chris.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Backup multiple shared folders from LS520 to USB disk
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:02:21 am »
Create a separate folder for each backup manually.

ChrisKnol

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »
Thank you very much for your suggestion, I really do appreciate it!

I've tried it, but I was not succesful: the LS520 deleted all my manually created folders before backing up, it simply clears the whole USB disk before backing up... :-(

I've tried it with the USB disk in NTFS and Ext4 formats.

Chris.

Martin-PCI

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:38 am »
Hi,

We're experiencing the same issue on an LS520 too. We can't create multiple jobs as you get the above error, no matter what backup method you choose. Creating sub-folders on the USB drive is of no use as they're not visible in the source browser.

Basically this means we can only backup one share which is not a viable option.