Author Topic: HD-H1.0TGL/R5 inaccessable  (Read 3579 times)

Vince

• Calf
HD-H1.0TGL/R5 inaccessable
« on: June 24, 2009, 10:31:03 PM »

I have a similiar type of issue with my Terastation (Same Model).  The unit was working fine and then all of the sudden stopped working.

Symptoms:

1) I can ping the unit

2) I canNOT access the web admin/interface

3) TSclient does NOT see the unit

4) Nasupdater does NOT see the unit either

I see alot of advice that says to force the firmware update however if NASUPDATER does NOT see the Terastation what other option is there?

Is there anyway to manually specify the IP address of the Terastation and then force the firmware upgrade?

EDIT by Colin137: changed title of thread

Message Edited by Colin137 on 06-24-2009 10:52 PM

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: HD-H1.0TGL/R5 6 red flashes after Firmware update
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:09 PM »

I moved your post to a new thread.

Are you getting any error lights flashing on the device? Try connecting the terastation directly to a computer, disable firewalls, and see if the NASNavigator can see it. Let me know what info it gives about the device.

jsgjm

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 03:14:56 PM »

was this ever resolved?  My Buffalo Home Server just did this exact same thing...no error lights and drives still appear to be syncing.  I cant access the shares or the web interface, but can ping the device.

thx

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 01:18:22 AM »

Can you find it with the NASNAVI?  Is the power light steady?

jsgjm

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »

was able to follow another thread and tried to flash the firmware...now have flashing red Diag light....flashes 5 times...NOT GOOD!

jsgjm

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »

i tried booting into EM mode by holding down the init button and powering on...the error and powe light just flash, and not network light.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:50:24 PM »

Unfortunately a flash rom error is critical error, though I am not quite sure how/if the update caused it.  If you have data that is not backed up I would suggest exploring your data recovery options.

jsgjm

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 08:19:02 AM »

one thing i forgot to ention is that during the flash it was almost done...99%, and the applicaition popped up a crtical error in windows and closed.  I assume that the flash did not get to 100% and thats why i am where i am now.  If there a way to get a fresh image on the device?  I know that the drives are all good and that the data is still there.....would like to try and get the data, but would like to keep the Buffalo if possible. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »

As PCPiranha noted, the flash error on this device is critical. It typically means the flash chip that holds the critical operating system files has gone bad.

You may be able to get the data back using a recovery program such as UFS Explorer, but for the best chance at getting the data back, I recommend contacting DriveSavers ( http://www.drivesavers.com/ ).