Author Topic: TFTP Boot Failure & Hard Drive Format Questions  (Read 3146 times)

zapper_89

• Calf
TFTP Boot Failure & Hard Drive Format Questions
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:28:07 PM »
I have two enclosures which I have been unable to get working. Both are E06 TFTP Boot Failure.

TS-XE4.0TL/R5    aka TS-XEL
LS-QV8.0TL/R5  aka LS-QVL

From my understanding the TS-XEL is supposed to use the TFTP TS-XL file. And the LS-QVL uses the LS-QTL.
Is this correct?
Files were pulled from: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_oFnRRMAwk0SkYtdGpSdTNKTk0

The TS-XEL says "Files not found/No Permission" on 2 of the 4 block updates. Then it enters into EM mode but cannot be seen by the firmware updater or Navigator.
The LS-QVL correctly adds the two blocks, but doesn't appear to go into EM mode. The blue light just keeps blinking and cannot be seen by the firmware updater or Navigator.

This is why I feel it is an issue with the drive formatting. I am using 4x Brand New 3TB Western Digital NAS drives (WD30EFRX).
Both enclose state that they can handle 3TB drives. Are they incompatible in some other way?
I have tried them fresh out of the package.
I then changed from MBT to GPT and left unallocated, did not help.
Lastly, I tried GPT with a NTFS simple partition, but that didn't do anything different.

Firewall is off. I've tried on a couple of different computers with different versions of Windows. Both are using the correct version of Firmware updater. I let it sit for 10+ minutes and still cannot get either to appear.

Are both enclosure dead? What am I doing wrong?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: TFTP Boot Failure & Hard Drive Format Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:38 AM »
You're using the wrong TFTP files for both units.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

zapper_89

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 08:38:23 PM »
Sure enough, Davo was correct. Both enclosures work now with the files he provided. Thanks.

Shinken

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 03:29:23 PM »
Hi Davo
I have the same problem.  Could not find TFTP for TS-XEL on the Buffalo website so I downloaded the TFTP for TS-XL.  Files are all in the same directory (folder) on my Win10 computer; computer's IP is set to 192.168.11.1 and TeraStation display indicates IP of 192.168.11.150 and gateway at 192.168.11.1; firewall is off.

When I run the TPTF Boot file, and then start the TS-XEL, the command window eventually displays 4 lines ending in File Not Found/No Access.

Would you be so kind as to send me a link to where I can down the correct files for a TS-XEL, and the name(s) of the file(s) I should look for, so that I can identify the correct file(s).

Thanks

Phil