Author Topic: LS-WVL HDD Error - How Can I format new HDD?  (Read 1521 times)

normality2000

• Calf
LS-WVL HDD Error - How Can I format new HDD?
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »
I was receiving an error on a second HDD disk in an Array that I use as RAID 0 (Disk 1 mirrors Disk 2).  I used the web interface to rebuild the Array but this did not fix the problem.  I then swapped out the disk that was being reported as an 'Error' for a disk that is 1TB larger than the other HDD.

Research and guidance suggests that I can format this disk in the web interface, but all the action buttons in the top menu are grayed out.

How do I format this drive so I can rebuild the array? 

Has anyone run into this problem before or is the LS-WVL destined for the trash can?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-WVL HDD Error - How Can I format new HDD?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:41:00 AM »
FYI: RAID0 means there is no redundency, post a screen shot of everything that is being displayed on the System/Storage section of the admin page.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

normality2000

• Calf
Re: LS-WVL HDD Error - How Can I format new HDD?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
I meant to say RAID1 ... however ...

I'm now getting a different problem.  The LS-WVL is now only booting in Emergency Mode. When I use the Updater ver 1.73, it seems to run and shows that it is transfering firmware but then I get an error message window that reads 'LS-WVL-EM529 returns an error. (ACP_STATE_FAILURE). Updating is aborted'.

Any ideas what this means and how I should go about resolving it?

Many thanks in advance.