Author Topic: Terastation - Cannot access shares or change settings  (Read 2959 times)

jc8711

• Calf
Terastation - Cannot access shares or change settings
« on: September 07, 2017, 08:26:00 AM »
Hi All,

I cannot access the shares on our Terastation TS5400R, it just says access denied. So I login to the web interface and try to check the settings of the shares but I get the following error message -
Error: Getting Shared Folder Details - The parameters for the specified method are invalid

This is stopping me from checking the permissions settings on the shared folders. I tried creating a new share for testing but it says there isn't enough disk space, even though there should be at least 2TB free.

The firmware is the latest version.

Any ideas?
Thanks

jc8711

• Calf
Re: Terastation - Cannot access shares or change settings
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:04:07 AM »
I've tried several domain accounts and even the local nas accounts to access the shares but it just says access denied.

When I login to the NAS I keep getting API errors when trying to access menus and functions within the NAS...it's also a little slow.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:49:43 AM »
I'm assuming you have tested this on more than 1 browser?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jc8711

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 06:32:19 AM »
Yes, Edge, Chrome, Opera. All the same. I've tried different computers for accessing the shares, on the domain and local but no luck.

Is there a way I can connect via the serial port and change settings that way?