Author Topic: LS-WX2.0TL/R1 in "Emergency mode" flash firmware without data loss? **SOLVED**  (Read 2182 times)

SoTexFred

• Calf
Hello, I'm in South Texas, Hurricane Harvey knocked out power here, when it came back up this Linkstation was in "emergency mode"
How can I flash the firmware without losing the data on it? I need step by step directions please, there is mission critical data on this NAS that I mustn't lose. NAS Navigator 2 sees it, and I can ping it, but that is all. It refuses connections from a browser. I see plenty of posts about unbricking buffalo NAS, but they seem to be starting over from scratch, that doesn't help in this situation. Other solutions to recover the data would be helpful too, I have a crossover cable and a laptop running linux. Thanks for any help offered!
******EDIT******
I went ahead and flashed the firmware and regained access to the data. I was concerned because many posts show checkboxes for "rebuild partition table" which would destroy the data and the firmware flasher UI I got for this unit didn't have any boxes to uncheck, but happily it didn't change any partition structure.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:11:28 PM by SoTexFred »