Author Topic: Error Reports  (Read 1413 times)

cwj73

• Calf
Error Reports
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:06:26 AM »
I'm using a Link Station LS-WXL 175 and its been working fine until today when a notification appeared via the Navigation software and the info/error light blinks red, three times.

This indicates that a hard drive is failing I believe, but when I look on the interface to find which hard drive needs replacing, they both seem to be working fine. Is there an error report log file which can tell me more information?

Shouldn't there be some sort of obvious notification on the interface to point at the most obvious errors, such as a failing hard drive? If there is, where is it?

I've scanned the drive Array and the error reappears. When I restart the device, the error goes away for some considerable time, then reappears later in the day.

I'm using the latest 1.73 (DTCP-IP:165-20130731) version firmware and the hard drives have been scanned away from the Linkstation and have no errors.

Any help would be appreciated.... any help at all (with the exception of this link http://en.faq.buffalo-global.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12765 - which is just annoying!)

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Error Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Check the storage/drives section of the web interface, it should tell you which drive is failing.