Author Topic: Shutdown feature for LS-WXL  (Read 16338 times)

coloradoz

• Calf
Shutdown feature for LS-WXL
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:47:56 AM »

I'd like to lobby for an explicit shutdown feature for the LS-WXL series linkstation.  I've had to do some maintenence shutdowns and it give me the willies to just turn off power - there has to be a more graceful way.?  Under "Maintenance",  there is an option via the web interface to "reboot" the LS-WXL Linkstation - that involves shutting down (gracefully) and restarting.  It seems that it wouldn't be that much of an issue to add a explicit "Shutdown" feature to remotely (via the web interface) shut down the linkstation.

hakanfriden

• Calf
Re: Shutdown feature for LS-WXL
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
so by now 2014-01-07 I can not find any Shutdown possibility.
I have powered-off the device by cutting the power and then the NAS went into EM mode.
I had to reinstall the firmware to get going again.
Isn't there a better way?

/Håkan

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
Move the switch to Off?......... didnt you read the manual? It states there is a switch in the back. Moving it to off will turn off the unit in 10mins. Or you can setup a sleep option and have the unit turn off at a certain time either each day.
Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

MRa

• Calf
Re: Shutdown feature for LS-WXL and LS-421DE + AUTOstartUP after UPS shutdown
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
Web-access shut-down would be nice.
In LS-WXL there is a "RESTART device" button but no "Shutdown" button - why?
Same with LS-421DE.

In our company ALL NAS-devices are located in a fire-proof safe.
It is NOT easy to get the key to open the door of safe and reach for tiny switches with flashlamp and small screwdriver..

And IF there is UPS-shutdown, two LS-WXL devices will start up automaticly but LS-421DE stays off - WHY oh WHY? uh..

maihoaomv

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:45:31 PM »
I agree. I would like to see a convently located "point-n-click" button on the Buffalo Airstation web GUI to allow complete power down including the USB. My Airstation is on a top shelve in the closet and it's not always convent to pull out the ladder just to power down before going to bed.
Better still I would like to see an option added to the Eco sleep to allow complete power down so I can put it on a timer that will turn it back on the next morning.

jjhung88

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »
pushing the button in the back to off doesn't work sometimes. the nas just doesn't shut off. how long are you supposed to wait? 30 mins? no, still won't shut down.
luckily, I found out that under maintenance --> restart, there is an option to shut down. Doing that from the software was able to shut down immediately.
however, when I tried to turn it back on, pushing the button to on did nothing. I ended up unplugging the power cord and replugging it in order to get it to work.
BTW, this is fw 1.09 in the blue interface for LS-WTGL.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 06:06:50 PM by jjhung88 »