Author Topic: Unable to rebuild Linkstation RAID Array despite various methods attempted  (Read 1221 times)

Len_Beach

• Calf
Hi,
I have a Linkstation Duo 6 which is in RAID 1 storing all of my movies, music and pictures across 2x 3tb hard drives.

When watching movies recently the movie would often freeze as if buffering and then resume at pace to catch up.

On investigation, I suspected the NAS maybe at fault and sure enough I had the error LED flashing 6 times and hard drive 2 was showing as failed.

I purchased a replacement 3tb Seagate drive albeit a newer model than was previously installed. On installing, I attempted to format the drive but as many others have reported, this errors out and prompts a restart.

I initiated a disk check which took 72 hours but hasn't made any difference.

The drive is listed as "Removed" and the RAID array shows an error in the Web GUI. When I select "Rebuild Array" the progress jumps straight to 40% followed by a "Process successfully completed" message within a couple of minutes. Given that there is 2tb of data to rebuild this isn't feasible and the drive still shows as "Removed" having completed this.

I'm at a loss now as what to do. The error LED is flashing 3 times which appears to be error 30 although it's difficult to fully establish.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.