Author Topic: Buffalo Linkstation Model LS-WXL2.0 in Emergency mode after power glitch  (Read 11227 times)

mwalker

• Calf
I have a Buffalo Linkstation Model LS-WXL2.0 with weekly backup to direct connected USB drive which I have been using for a number of years without issue.  Activity report ran a few days ago showed no issues:

[HDD Usage Status]
 RAID Array 1 Usage Rate : 255025076 kbytes / 961618816 kbytes (Usage Rate 27%)
 USB Disk 1 Usage Rate : 101840880 kbytes / 242272952 kbytes (Usage Rate 42%)
[DISK error status]
 DISK1        0
 DISK2        0

Yesterday there was a power interruption while device was on but no data being transferred.  Now NAS Navigator2 locates device with “i” inside blue circle, named “LS-WXL-EM376” and signals “Emergency mode. Update the firmware or contact technical support”.  I can ping the device at IP address given by NAS Navigator2 but cannot open LinkStation’s configuration utility.

What is my best option for accessing data? I believe the USB backup drive should contain all data but I do not know how to confirm this or access the data.  I am not comfortable trying to update firmware on the LinkStation at this point. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Why not just reinstall the firmware?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

mwalker

• Calf
Because if i can't access my files on the USB backup drive, then i believe the next option would be to try to have a data recovery service try to recover data from the linkstation.  But I understand the firmware upgrade is destructive and so would eliminate this possibility. 
Where can I find a procedure to recover data from the USB backup drive?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
The firmware upgrade is not destructive, down it to your PC, unzip it and run the .exe with your security software disabled.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

mwalker

• Calf
Thank you for that information.  The firmware upgrade was successful and operation is now restored and all data can be accessed.