Author Topic: Cannot access LS420 on Sierra  (Read 1646 times)

kjschaudt@schaudt.us

• Calf
Cannot access LS420 on Sierra
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »
Updated MacOS and noticed that backups to LS420 stopped.   Time Machine acts as if disk is full.  Logging in as Admin, I was unable to do anything since the drive was full.   Updates of NAS Navigator failed.  Update of firmware failed with the message disk was full.   Logged into drive using browser and erased the drive.  Tried to create a home directory for sharing and received message that the drive was full.   Was able to update the firmware.  This time but still unable to create home directory.  Uninstalled NAS and downloaded NAS Navigator 2.  Ran first time, found drive which said the drive was unformatted.  For unknown reason, Navigator closed and now it shuts down when started.   

LEDs on front of box are green. 

Any suggestions?   Box has long worked but fails now.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Cannot access LS420 on Sierra
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
What firmware version is installed on the LinkStation?

kjschaudt@schaudt.us

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 01:19:20 PM »
I just downloaded and installed LS400_SERIES-183_fwmac.dmg.   Logging into the device using a browser, it confirms that Version 1.83-02 has been installed.  I can now create folders on the drive using the browser. I can log in as admin and modify the drive using the finder.   

However, it appears that finder looses the drive and does not display it in the sidebar.   I usually end up rebooting the drive and Mac Pro to find it again. 

Timemachine can find the drive but also may loose it.    If Timemachine finds it, I log in as admin.  So far, I have not been able to complete a time machine backup.

I have downloaded and installed nasnavi-290.dmg.   It finds the drive but shuts down. As a result, the Network/USB navigator is not running.   I have also tried installing LS400W-120.dmg without success.

kjschaudt@schaudt.us

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:31:52 PM »
 Logged in as admin.  Time Machine finds the LS420.  3.97 TB of 3.97 TB available. TM auto backup is turned off.   TM begins preparing backup and then stops.  Message is backup failed, the backup on LS420D51A is already in use.  Details are that the sparse bundle is already in use.