Author Topic: Cannot access Terastation admin account after firmware update  (Read 3799 times)

phelante

• Calf
I recently applied a firmware update via the web interface to our one of our TeraStation TS5800D. I waited a very long time for the firmware update to finish. It finally came back with a notice that it had finished but couldn't restart the TeraStation. I was able to log back into the box but was not able to make it fully reboot. It said it was rebooting but no power cycle happened. After waiting about an hour, I unpluged it and plugged it back in.
The box came back up but, I cannot log in as admin. Tried admin and password, my old password, and a blank password.
The web interface works.
The Guest account works.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: Cannot access Terastation admin account after firmware update
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
I would recommend reaching out to support. Can you access the files?
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »
Sorry, I don't quite understand the issue. You state at the end of your post that the web interface works, does this mean you can log in to the interface using the admin account? If so, are you saying that you can't access the data using the admin account?

You also said the guest account works, does that mean you can access the data using the guest account?

phelante

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 04:10:17 PM »
I can still access the box via the web interface using the guest account but not the admin account.
I can still see the SMB share. I don't have an account/access setup for me via SMB. Users report they cannot access. I suspect the user database has been corrupted.
Contacted support. No help there just that we need to wipe and start over.

cboyer

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »
Lots of issues after firmware upgrades too.
We cannot access our shared folders anymore. Access is denied.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »
This sounds like a different issue. Let me investigate the support notes.

--I've re-escalated your case. They should be reaching out.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:52:18 PM by Eastmarch »
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**