Author Topic: NAS Navigator 2 not working so well  (Read 3135 times)

bblessing

• Calf
NAS Navigator 2 not working so well
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »
First the background:

LS210D series NAS, firmware version 1.65-0.12
NAS Navigator 2, version 2.90
Windows 10 Home edition

I can connect to the NAS no problem through Firefox, and the NAS did actually show up once in NAS Navigator 2. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up regularly through Navigator 2. The router definitely picks it up as the IP is found in the client list. Additionally, I am able to ping it with no problem.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Even if Navigator 2 is unnecessary, it would be nice to get to the root of the problem.

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: NAS Navigator 2 not working so well
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
NAS Navigator uses UDP broadcast packets. If your router is configured to not forward them, this may be the issue.

I love UDP jokes because I don't have to care if you get it.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »
It shouldn't involved port forwarding, that involves the internet connection. This is just on the local network side in the LAN configuration of the router.

Could also be the local Windows firewall on the system.

bblessing

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:45 AM »
I think that my issue was that I had UPnP enabled while specifying port forwarding (virtual servers on my POS router). This has been cleared up and thank you for your replies! I do have another issue that I'll post in a separate thread.