Author Topic: Surveillance Server - Licenses for cameras etc..  (Read 1685 times)

Cephalon

• Calf
Surveillance Server - Licenses for cameras etc..
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
I bought several used Terastations.   I was under the impression that the software license would come with the used unit.   However, I think there is an issue with the "one camera license" since the "vault" won't show up in Vault administrator, and the log file says:    "VltPeriodicLite: Starting shutdown due to license expiration - License missing or not valid."   

1) How do I tell if I have the one camera license active;
2) How do I activate it if it isn't?
3) Do I have to buy the one camera license?   Where?
4) Where do I buy additional camera licenses?
5) Will that solve my missing vault issue?
6) Am I wasting my time trying to use Bufallo Products for a Surveillance system?  I mean that sincerley, I assumed it worked as well as advertised but I realize that is not always the case, and maybe they just don't support their surveillance capability any longer and everyone else has already moved along to some other product, and I am just a late adopter who isn't aware that this ship has sailed.   

ANY assistance is appreciated. 

Thanks.   Cephalon

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: Surveillance Server - Licenses for cameras etc..
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
You can no longer get licenses for that software package.

I prefer using

https://www.ispyconnect.com/

on my home cameras.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**