Author Topic: TS5800 memory utilization issues  (Read 1452 times)

pcondosta

• Calf
TS5800 memory utilization issues
« on: May 13, 2017, 10:26:26 AM »
This may be because I am moving a massive amount of data during the initial setup, moving an 8TB storage array.  I have noticed the memory utilization is constantly creeping up.  It starts around 19% right after booting and now maybe 12 hours later it has hit 37%.  Before rebooting yesterday it got up to 92% and starting chugging along when nothing was being transferred.

It is on firmware 3.44 and has eight 3TB drives setup in a 19TB array.  ISCSI is enabled and connected to a VMWare ESXi host.  No other services are turned on.

Is there anyway to get into a console so I can see what is chewing up all the memory?

Thanks, Pete

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
Re: TS5800 memory utilization issues
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:34:08 AM »
If it is hosting a VM and you are doing file intensive work on the VM, that will run the memory up very quickly.

What firmware version are you running?

**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

pcondosta

• Calf
Re: TS5800 memory utilization issues
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »
It isn't hosting the VM itself, just a large amount of data files.  It is on 3.44 firmware currently.

I was writing files at around 65MBps all week then this morning it won't go above 20MBps, even with memory utilization at only 20%.  A reboot used to fix that but not anymore.