Author Topic: Webaccess with SSL  (Read 4171 times)

Jeyjey

• Calf
Webaccess with SSL
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:01:50 PM »
Hello Guys,

I have purchased recently a LS220DE and I would like to use it for sharing files on my LAN at home, but have it accessible from anywhere as a cloud in order to save Document from my work place and to backup pictures from my Phones (Iphone 5S and 4).
I want to get it working in SSL for safety reason, but it doesn't seem to work as I want. I have read several forum topic and tutorial online and I believe the problem is lying with the SSL certificate. Very interesting but frustrating!

My current problem:
I am trying to access the NAS from an Iphone 5S when on the Local Network through the Wifi or through the 3G by enabling /disabling the wifi (to toggle between both modes)

Without SSL deactivated:
I can access the NAS from the Webaccess app or from the Webbrowser(safari and Chrome) by typing buffalonas.com/MYNAS or myIP:9000/ui
This is working fine in both case on the Wifi or on the 3G.
All is working fine, telling me my router configuration is OK

With SSL activated:
I can ONLY access the NAS from the Webaccess app or from the Webbrowser as above when the Iphone is on the 3G ONLY (with the Wifi disconnected)
If the Iphone has got the wifi activated I cannot get access to the NAS and I am getting the error:
"An SSL error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made" while using the Webaccess app or the web-browser is hanging forever through the webportal.

So, why the SSL communication cannot get through if the Iphone is on the same Local Network while it can if the Iphone is only on 3G??
    - Should I open more port on my router for the SSL (I have tried with 443 but without success) ?
    - Should I try to get a trusted SSL certificate from a CA?
    - Any other suggestion?

thanks in advance for any help!

My setup: LS220DE behind a router/modem HUAWEI HG633.
I have set my LS with the following webaccess option:
SSL: Enabled
Buffalo Nas :enable
    name:MYNAS
     key: XXXXXXXX
UPnP: disabled
ext port: 9000
int port: 9000
Exclusiveie session: enabled
Timeout : 30min

SSL certificate cert and key files both generated on selfsignedcertificate dot com/ with "myIP:9000" as server name

Regarding the router:
Port ext 9000 forwarded to port 9000int on LS220DE devices on TCP/UDP. The local IP of LS220DE being fixed
No devices on the DMZ