Author Topic: Linkstation 510 and BitTorrent remote  (Read 2495 times)

RealBlazter

• Calf
Linkstation 510 and BitTorrent remote
« on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:45 AM »
Hi!

Need some help with my NAS. I can enter the WebAccess from a remote computer but not the BitTorrent GUI. In The BitTorrent settings it says that the port is open, also various sites where you can test the port. Still I cannot reach it from a remote location. In the browser I enter IP-adress like xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:5xxxx and it just says ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE. I've tried both http and https. Please help.

Thanks

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Linkstation 510 and BitTorrent remote
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:30:30 AM »
Do you have the appropriate port forwarding set up on the router?

RealBlazter

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:58:42 AM »
Hi!

I thought it did it by itself since I've ticket the box "Use port forwarding from my router". It also says "Port is Open".

Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 10:12:58 AM »
And if you put /transmission/web after the IP:port number does it still not work?

With the older units you specifically had to put /gui/ in order to access the GUI remotely so i'm guessing you will have to do something similar with the 500 series.

So try: http://IP:port/transmission/web/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:22:20 AM by davo »
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

RealBlazter

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 10:46:28 AM »
Hi!

I've already tried that since I own a older unit also :P I had to port forward this newer unit myself instead. Another problem now is that I cant choose a password to the BitTorrent log on. The older unit had a better client, uTorrent. Someone knows how to enter a password? It's not the same account as the regular interface, BitTorrent has its own on the unit.

Thanks for all the replys.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 10:54:01 AM »
AFAIK you can't set a password on the BT client on the 500 series (at least you can't change it from the default admin/blank anyways), I don't have one myself but i remember reading it somewhere.

For this reason alone I wouldn't open it up to WAN access. You're only asking for trouble.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

RealBlazter

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 02:48:33 PM »
That's very odd, does anyone know different?

Thank you all for the replies though.