Author Topic: I12 error but no failed disks  (Read 1499 times)

ayoung1969

• Calf
I12 error but no failed disks
« on: March 12, 2017, 09:50:09 AM »
Hi all,
My LS420 says it's running with the RAID in a degraded state.

When I look at the individual drives, i was expecting one to show as failed but they're both showing as normal (but only one is part of "Array1").
I don't get the option to check the disks when I select either one of the individual disks, selecting "Array1" allows me to run "Checkdisk" - but it comes back with no errors.

When I look at the RAID screen, it says the RAID status is degraded and when i click on the link I see 2 drives - both saying normal but only one showing it's a member of the raid group.  There's an error at the top which says "not enough drives are selected" but I can't select the 2nd drive.

I'm wondering whether my 2nd disk has actually failed (there are no error lights on the disk - not sure if there should be) or whether I just need to get it added back into the raid group.

Any help would be appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: I12 error but no failed disks
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
Does that email notification say anything?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ayoung1969

• Calf
Re: I12 error but no failed disks
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »
Hi Davo,
No, i didn't get an email, there must be something wrong with my email setup in the management section of the GUI.
The first time I noticed was when I logged into the NAS Navigator GUI and got a warning message on the screen.