Author Topic: SecureLock for Encryption of Drivestation Quad - or other encryption method  (Read 1808 times)

lztf37

• Calf
I purchased a very large (24TB) Drivestation Quad to move some data and expected to find the SecureLock encryption software that is advertised with the product, on the Buffalo web site, on the Disc.   But there is no SecureLock Software and when I go to downloads for this product there is also no SecureLock Software.  I contacted Support and they seemed surprised and asked me where SecureLock is mentioned?   I sent them a copy of the current product page which to this day includes the statement - "SecureLock software for Windows® provides complete control of the data encryption on your Buffalo external hard drive, providing password protection and software data encryption. - See more at: http://www.buffalotech.com/products/drivestation-quad#sthash.sZXIKst8.dpuf"

It's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard back.  What is the best way to encrypt this drive?  BitLocker?  Other?   Or at a minimum can I put a drive password on it?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Encyption software comes with the HD-QLU3R5 not the HD-QHU3R5 (which you have). Looks like a mistake on the website as far as i can see but maybe someone at Buffalo can weigh in.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

lztf37

• Calf
Thanks for the information.  The HD-QLU3R5 appears to be an older model of the newer HD-QHU3R5.   Almost every place that sells the HD-QHU3R5 model also advertises SecureLock as an available tool (likley Copy/Paste from the Buffalo site).   So Buffalo Tech made a new model of the drive, removed ability to encrypt and did not update their product literature for the new model?

Any advice on best way to lock the drive down for transporting between sites?