Author Topic: Vista User Account - NAS Navigator  (Read 2097 times)

parsobarus

• Calf
Vista User Account - NAS Navigator
« on: June 20, 2009, 05:13:32 PM »

I installed NAS Navigator on my 32-bit Vista machine as an administrator. When I logged on as a standard user, Navigator did not start and it wouldn't wake up my Linkstation Pro LS XHL.

So I put a shortcut to Navigator in the startup folder for the standard account. Navigator now starts when I log on, but it runs in full mode. If I close it, there is no taskbar icon.

So my question is, how can I setup Navigator to open in the taskbar, not full mode, when I log in as a standard user?

Model LS-XH1.0TL, Firmware 1.56

buffalosupport

• Calf
Re: Vista User Account - NAS Navigator
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »
If you do not leve it in full mode the sleep function will not work.  This function must be up and running to keep the units alive.

parsobarus

• Calf
Re: Vista User Account - NAS Navigator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »

buffalosupport wrote:
If you do not leve it in full mode the sleep function will not work.  This function must be up and running to keep the units alive.

Thanks for replying. Why is it that when I log on as administrator, NAS Navigator runs in the task bar, not full mode, and still the sleep function works?

Second, similar question: why is it when I start my XP machine, NAS Navigator starts in the task bar, not full mode, and still the sleep function works?

Model LS-XH1.0TL, Firmware 1.56