Author Topic: LinkStation Quad  (Read 1921 times)

cgthay

• Calf
LinkStation Quad
« on: June 27, 2009, 10:40:47 PM »

Hi, I have recently bought a Linkstation Quad 500GB.

I have assigned the static IP for it as well as port forward the default port 6881 for bittorrent.

I have also set all the rates to -1 (unlimited).

And the download process starts but the download speed is very slow.

I tried using utorrent on my laptop to test the download speed (same torrent) and it is so much faster.

Can anyone help guide me to speed up buffalo bittorrent or have I done something wrong in the configuration?

joe42

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Quad
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:54:55 PM »

Read/Write speed should be about 3MB/Sec on a 100Base-T network, and about 7MB/Sec on a GigabitEthernet network. This speed is limited primarily by the processor inthe unit. A typical 1GB transfer should take about 5-7 minutes.

If you're seeing exceedingly slow performance, the unit islikely going through a through check of the disk array. The units willdo this if power is cut to them, or if you change the RAID arrayproperties. A scan of the array can also be performed by going to "DiskManagement," then "Disk Check" in the TeraStation GUI.

If this is not the case, then try updating the firmware.

Hurley

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Quad
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »
   @joe42 I don't think they're talking about writing to the unit, just about torrents downloading slow.  My LS Pro LS-XHL normally gets about 40kB/s download with very few spikes up to 100kB/s or faster.  There are other threads about BitTorrent transfer rates.  I've removed all seeding torrents and it didn't improve my transfer rates at all.  The drive was not being accessed and there was no disk check