Author Topic: Accessing you admin page outside of your network  (Read 2728 times)

Wicked

• Calf
Accessing you admin page outside of your network
« on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to access my admin page outside of my network. I've tried forwarding port 80. Then using my Public IP address with:80 at the end of it. I've even tried using my Buffalo nas Ip address with:80 at the end of, both attempts failed. 

Could anyone explain in detail how to do this. I know im not the only one wondering how you can do this. 

Thank you in advance for any solutions.

Aveyer

• Big Bull
Re: Accessing you admin page outside of your network
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:44 PM »

Are you trying to access the config of your router from the WAN side? What model router do you have?

Usually you go to Admin Config>Access and tick "Permit Configuration from wired internet".

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 05:07:42 AM »
   Whats the model number of your router or is it a NAS you are talking about?!
Message Edited by davo on 06-19-2009 11:08 AM
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Wicked

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »
   Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes I'm talking about my Nas. I would like to access the admin page from outside of my network. So If I wanted to upload torrents while I was at work. Is there some kind of default page that the admin page uses? I know it uses port 80 by default but even after I port forward 80, which shouldn't even need to be forwarded because its the default port which is used to access the internet. It still will not work.

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »

Wicked,

First what is the model number and firmware version of the NAS.  Second are you talking about a buffalo router?  If so what model?  Third the Bittorrent Download Manager runs on port 8080, so you'll need to forward port 8080 to the IP of the Linkstation. The regular web interface runs on port 80, not the download manager

And lastly please make sure you start threads in the correct place.  It will avoid future confusion and get you a more prompt response. I will move your thread to the correct place.  Please refer to our guidelines for more information.