Author Topic: need boot-image recovery software  (Read 2606 times)

gkarasik

• Calf
need boot-image recovery software
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have inherited a Terastation TS-XE4.0TL/R5 that is showing the error "TPTP Mode E06 Lost boot image." I have looked for the boot-image recovery software on the Buffalo site but can't find it. Does it still exist? Please can anyone point me to it?

GaryK
gkarasik

echo4golf

• Calf
Re: need boot-image recovery software
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 10:19:35 PM »
Wow.  At the risk of sounding like a "me too" poster:  I have one of these on the way that's probably going to require the same file.  If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it!

Best,
Jerry
echo4golf

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 05:20:02 AM »
IF you need an image then send me a PM.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

echo4golf

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 09:36:25 AM »
Thanks Davo. PM sent!

Jerry
echo4golf

jackspcs

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 02:43:24 PM »
count me in as well, installed two new 1TB drives (diskpart cleaned) I have tried firmware update from pc ("no terrastation that needs updating was found")and setup ftfp server (@192.168.11.1 no security no firewall sharing the folder containing all files included with the firmware updater) but nothing working so far. many old forums but most links are dead or error not exactly the same.

any help would be appreciated.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 03:31:12 PM »
This post has information for performing a restore starting with blank drives:
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

Kane88

• Buffalo
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 02:47:10 AM »
count me in as well, installed two new 1TB drives (diskpart cleaned) I have tried firmware update from pc ("no terrastation that needs updating was found")and setup ftfp server (@192.168.11.1 no security no firewall sharing the folder containing all files included with the firmware updater) but nothing working so far. many old forums but most links are dead or error not exactly the same.

any help would be appreciated.

I can confirm the steps from that post work for this model.  I just finished doing this one.  Extracting the files using the password keys is a pain, but it does work.

Put ALL of the extracted files from the initrd and the uimage in the same folder with the tftp app.  It will work.