Author Topic: CS-WV2.0/1D 2TB is no longer accessible by PC's on the home network  (Read 2412 times)

MFR

• Calf
I've have a Buffalo CS-WV2.0/1D NAS up and running on my network. Had a power outage and the unit went into emergency mode and could only be seen with NAS Navigator. I downloaded the firmware and used LSUpdater to flash the firmware. after Flashing it does not accept any password. I have tried the default password and any other password I would have used before. I can browse the device's folders via cloudstor.pogoplug.com. NasNavigator can also see the device, but is also unable to browse any of the folders.

I then Tried to reset the device by power it off by flipping the power switch to "off".  Once all lights on the front turned off, I pressed and held the function button on the back for 10 seconds, then, while still holding the function button, flip the switch to "on". and Let go of the button, then pressed it again for 1 second.

after it was done it still will not accept password as the password?

Please Help.

Thank You.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: CS-WV2.0/1D 2TB is no longer accessible by PC's on the home network
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:49:48 AM »
You need the LSRecovery.exe file to regain access to the unit.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

MFR

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 09:00:58 PM »
New Issue. unit went into emergency mode and can only be seen by NAS Navigator.

Here is the message from the device

I11: Drive 1 has too many bad sectors or blocks. (2018/02/12 15:20:02)
The unit is in emergency mode. Update the firmware or contact technical support. (2020/08/21 18:38:45)

I ran LSUpdater but after reboot it is still the same no change.

I did notice in the updater it shows the Firmware Ver. ----

Thanks again for all your support.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 12:18:31 PM »
It’s telling you that one of the drives is failing. You’ll want to address that before trying to re-install the firmware

MFR

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:58:59 PM »
I came to that same conclussion. I purchase a new 2T hard drive. I am trying to duplicate the failing HD to the new one. I hope that works. Just started the duplication process 5 minutes ago. will probably take all day. please let me know what you would do to address a failing HD.