Author Topic: CS-WX/1D 1TB RAID 1 - i53 amber lights and Pogoplug says "offline"  (Read 2863 times)

bwphoto

• Calf
I've been running this Cloudstor CS-WX/1D (with two drives) RAID 1 for many years, now attached to a Win10 machine via an Asus RT-AC53U wireless router and Comcast cable modem.  It's been working flawlessly forever but now throws the i53 amber light code.

Now, I can access the RAID via NAS Navi  and Win File Explorer from the directly connected Win10 machine.  I used to be able to connect to it via the wireless router, too, until a few days ago when the Cloudstor began throwing i53 amber light codes.  It also shows as offline from the Pogoplug app.  I've powered down and restarted the Cloudstor multiple times.  I tried "restarting" via the Cloudstor app and it restarted but again shows i53.  I've rebooted the wireless router, which continues to work for all other purposes (i.e. laptops and phones access interwebs wirelessly).  I've rebooted the cable modem, though due to battery backup it has continued working - I've hit its reset button, too.  What bugs me is that I can't pinpoint any system change that caused this to occur.

I've also checked IP addresses, as follows:
IP address of the Cloudstor: 192.168.1.69
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Router IP address: 192.168.1.1

BTW, Firmware for the Cloudstor is 1.13

Any ideas?  Thanks.

bwphoto

• Calf
Re: CS-WX/1D 1TB RAID 1 - i53 amber lights and Pogoplug says "offline"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:16:52 PM »
Firmware 1.13, build 2.35

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 02:42:08 AM »
Pogoplug have basically cut ties with Buffalo, remote access to this unit will no longer be possible. I53 means the device cannot access the pogoplug servers.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gt-nas

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
Hi,

I read a post where you offer to send configuration to reset the admin password.

My firmware is corrupted (6 blinks) but when I try to flash it it asks for password and does not accept the default (and I can't reset it)

I have LS-CHL that shows 16.00-0.00 as current firmware
It won't boot but I have another hard drive that boots so I'm able to "trick it" to get to firmware update but can't get by the password

Thanks for your help

George

lanejones1

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:31:54 AM »
I'm having the same issue, but in addition, I cant access the CS-WX unit even locally on my network (Windows 10). I'm trying to reset the password for the unit as well but no luck with that either.

Any thoughts or ideas on how I should proceed?

Thanks,
Lane

SROSEN2004

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 05:48:30 AM »
OK - so no connection to Pogoplug explains the 53 code. Yet I can see and verify the unit with my 2 drives is on my network, however I used to be able to click the device and see the 2 shared drives which I had mapped. New PC is still running W10 - all is the same but now I can'r expand the unit to see the 2 drives - so of course I can't move/save/backup files! I can also see the unit on NasNav - but again can't see the directory of each drive.
Anyone know why?