Author Topic: TeraStation htgl/r5 dropped username after firmware update  (Read 2312 times)

zombiecmh

• Calf
TeraStation htgl/r5 dropped username after firmware update
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:52:58 PM »
I cant remember exactly what the issue was, but i had to do an emergency upgrade to 1.35. I'd like to think I followed the steps and upgraded to 1.33 first, but im not sure.
Anyway, after I did the reboot, it seems that we've been locked out of the settings page. Ive pressed the orange reset button, tried Admin/password & nothing is working. Oddly enough, if I configure the IP address with nas navigator & enter "password" for the password, it's accepted. That leads me to beleive somehow the username table has been dropped.
Now the problem gets deeper. Since then, anyone can get into any file on the TeraStation. I took a computer fresh out of the box, connected it to the network, and was able to grab files off the Terastation.
What can I do?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: TeraStation htgl/r5 dropped username after firmware update
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 02:51:04 AM »
It's admin/password not Admin/password (case sensitive)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

zombiecmh

• Calf
Re: TeraStation htgl/r5 dropped username after firmware update
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:42:53 AM »
typo I was using admin & password (lowercase on both). still not working in any variation of upper or lower. thanks though.