Author Topic: WZR-600DHP - "New" DD-WRT Firmware goes back to an older version???  (Read 4399 times)

Robotix-1

• Calf
First of all pardon my English, I am not a native English speaker as you may notice. On the last days of October I downloaded the DD-WRT firmware for this router which had the number "wzr600dhp-pro-v3.0-r30355", installed it and with great pleasure greeted the fact that Buffallo was still releasing firmwares for such an old router. Well I was even more surprised when lately I noticed that they released an even "newer" firmware that goes back to a previous version number as if the 3.0 version never existed. This has the number wzr600dhp-pro-v24sp2-29660". Can anyone at Buffalo explain this strange behavior? Not only does this 29660 version appear as the latest but also the 3.0 version dissapeared from the download page. Fortunately I kept it in my hard drive as I usually do with all firmwares I download.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:44:10 AM by Robotix-1 »

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: WZR-600DHP - "New" DD-WRT Firmware goes back to an older version???
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 09:44:38 AM »
I'm not sure how that happened, the 3.0 is the latest FW for that router. The site has been corrected, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

gatorparrots

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
Possible to go back to the Buffalo version of the firmware? I had given up hope and flashed it to the community DD-WRT versions at some point... Thanks!

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 04:02:29 PM »
Just updating using the current Buffalo firmware should work.

gatorparrots

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 05:57:35 PM »
Of course, that was the very first thing i tried. No success loading the new Buffalo .enc firmware from the DD-WRT community version (their latest version supporting the 600DHP). TFP reload has not been successful. I've heard rumors of a top-secret diagnostic mode where you can reload the .enc firmware, but so far i have no leads on how to access it.

Steph

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 11:15:58 AM »
Hello guys, I have a :
Buffalo Router:  Serial # -  44074500318297  AirStation Wireless-G HighPower Router &
Access Point - WHR-HP-G54
Questions :
1.) My router works fine but want to know if I need to update my firmware periodically and/or if just updating my firmware would help boost my signal?
2.) How can I boost my signal across a wider area ? (remote : shop, garage & Mother-in-laws house)

Thank you guys for your generous consideration,
Steph_Louisiana