Author Topic: Simple configuration to allow anyone on home LAN(secure wireless)access Share  (Read 2138 times)

Chris999Davis

• Calf
Question answered by a windows 10/NT Share thread.  Turned out I needed to create a Windows Credential with the name of the NAS and using the MSA Microsoft Account ID and password.  I did not need to edit the registry as describred in the thread, nor did I need to create users on the NAS, just create the credential.

Each computer with a credential can now access the share.

https://techjourney.net/cannot-connect-to-cifs-smb-samba-network-shares-shared-folders-in-windows-10/

Regards, Chris.

Hi, I am running a secure LAN at home.  I recently bought and installed a Linkstation 441 and installed two drives(RAID1).  I got the device working through a chat session and firmware update.  I can access the device from any computer I sign on to with my Microsoft Account.  I created a Share and have moved 3/4 of a TB of pictures and music on to the device.  I sense that the device runs Windows NT, most of my home computers(me, wife, 5 kids and a couple of spouses) all run windows 10 pro.  Is there a setup that will allow anyone authenticated on the LAN to access the share without user ID and password setup?  The device only has family pictures, videos and music so I would want anyone allowed on the LAN to get to the files.  In reading the manual it is not clear how to allow this type of open access.
Thanks in advance for any advice or knowledge you can share.
Regards, Chris.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 05:58:36 PM by Chris999Davis »