Author Topic: LS421DE:Display S.M.A.R.T. data for drives/Admin accessible LOGs in WebUI  (Read 6973 times)

MiG174

• Tatanka
S.M.A.R.T.
Suggestion:
Add the option to display S.M.A.R.T. data for the drives, accessible to the Admin in the Drives section of the Web UI.

Reason:
S.M.A.R.T. data is the only way I know of to see if a drive is healthy, or about to fail.
I feel blind without it.

LOGs in WebUI
Suggestion for the LS421DE:
I wish there was a log, where configuration changes, user logins and important events are logged.
This log should be accessible to an Admin in the Web UI.

Reason:
Today my new LS421DE had been online about 7 days, and suddenly it could not be accessed.
The shares could not be browsed, and the web UI did not show up. Checking in my router, the LS421DE was not online.
When I checked the physical unit the power was on, and the drives spinning.

The only thing I could do was use the power button on the back to turn it off and then on again, and I now have no info on what went wrong.
I believe a log would benefit troubleshooting.
There is also security benefits to have logs for a NAS used by more than one person.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Full logs should be available by logging in to the GUI and pressing CTRL-ALT-Shift-B on the keyboard. This should save a TGZ compressed file with the full system logs.

MiG174

• Tatanka
Full logs should be available by logging in to the GUI and pressing CTRL-ALT-Shift-B on the keyboard. This should save a TGZ compressed file with the full system logs.

There can not be read abracadabra

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Yes they can, they're just a series of text files, open them with wordpad.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
You will need a utility to decompress the file. I use 7-zip in Windows.

MiG174

• Tatanka
Yes they can, they're just a series of text files, open them with wordpad.
You will need a utility to decompress the file. I use 7-zip in Windows.
I know it. This type of reception / extraction of logs, does not allow to analyze in real time. Moreover, the dependence on the device to see the reaction on the parameters used in the settings.