Author Topic: Can't connect to LS-W1.0TGL/R1 after windows update - Solved  (Read 3823 times)

wmupchurch

• Calf
Can't connect to LS-W1.0TGL/R1 after windows update - Solved
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:13:30 AM »
So a few weeks ago, after a major and a few minor windows 10 updates, I can no longer access my old NAS.  It seems, though I'm not 100% sure, that windows made some changes regarding either NETBIOS, SMB or both.  I could see the drive and found out I could FTP to it so this is the work around that may help others.

Go to windows explorer, right click on "This PC" and select "Add network location".  When you get the the screen to add your location, add this: ftp://username:password@ipaddress/arrayname/sharename.  It should look something like this: ftp://bobsmith:password@192.168.1.10/array1/Share.  Finish clicking through the screens and you should now be ftp'd into the drive using explorer.

It took awhile to figure out the "array1" part.  If you need to see what yours is named, just FTP to the ip address of the NAS (I used a fixed IP address, which can be set in the NAS setup screens).  When you FTP to root, you will see if yours is "array1"

wmupchurch

• Calf
Re: Can't connect to LS-W1.0TGL/R1 after windows update - Solved
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 08:47:26 AM »
Oops... forgot to mention that you need to turn on FTP on the NAS.