Author Topic: Time Machine problem on Linkstation Quad  (Read 1927 times)

bouklyloo

• Calf
Time Machine problem on Linkstation Quad
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:18:25 AM »

Hy guys,

I just bought a linkstation quad and I have had a few problems with the installation. I have been able to solve all of them expect for this one, Time Machine setup.

I have created the folder in web access  and I have set the folder to only be an Apple folder. I then went to Time Machine in web access. There I chose the folder I created, type my computers name (my computer name doesn't have any spaces or anything like that) and MAC Adress. Then web access told me it was creating the image and that it would take 3 minutes. I waited until the image was created, then I logged in to my Linkstation with a registered user login. I chose my destination folder in Time Machine (in System Preferences).

I started the back up and Time machine said it was preparing. After around 5 min it told me that the image could not be created.

My firmware is up to date, the Power LED is blue and not flashing. I have tried multiple times but it keeps failing.

I am trying to install Time Machine on a new MacBook and my Linkstation is set up on my network ( NAS)

Another question: Can I install time machine on different computers while using the Linkstation Quad as my only source for back up? 

Message Edited by bouklyloo on 06-17-2009 05:51 AM

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: Time Machine problem on Linkstation Quad
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »

Check out this posted solution for manually creating a sparsebundle file.

To answer your second question I would think so just follow the previous link and perform the instructions on each computer.

Message Edited by Dustrega on 09-17-2009 08:06 AM

johndawg

• Calf
Re: Time Machine problem on Linkstation Quad
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 03:48:01 PM »

I am having the same issue... and that link does not seem to work.  Has anyone figured this out?

Thanks,

John