Author Topic: LinkStation Telnet help  (Read 6489 times)

shadowlesss

• Calf
LinkStation Telnet help
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »

I have a linkstation that does not show any signs of a problem.  Powers up like normal no beeps to let me know there is an issue just the same old Power and Link lights.  But I do have a problem..I can not access the linkstation so I tried resetting and tried Emergency Mode and I still can not access the Linkstation.  I have tried using the NAS client utility and it does find my LinkStation but I can not access the shares or open the configuration Settings web page.  I have been successful at opening a telnet session but now I am not sure how to browse to the directory that holds my data so that I can run a cp command to copy my data off.  Below you will see the directory structure that I see when I telnet into the Linkstation but I dont know where to go from here.  Any help is appreciated..

BUFFALO INC. LinkStation series LS-GL(IESADA)
LS-GL-EM7C0 login: root
sh-2.05b# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         1024 Oct 29 10:07 .
drwxr-xr-x   16 root     root         1024 Oct 29 09:53 ..
-rw-------    1 root     root           31 Oct 29 10:07 .bash_history

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation Telnet help
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
   Open the Nas Navigator, if the letters EM are in the hostname (as it appears to be "LS-GL-EM7C0 ") then the unit is in EM mode and so just reinstall the firmware. Make a direct connection and download the latest version from the buffalo website, match the IP range of the PC and the linkstation through the TCP/IP settings on your LAN card and deactivate all AV and firewall SW and run the LSUpdater.exe file contained in the download.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

shadowlesss

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:52 PM »

I have already tried a direct connection and running the lsupdater.exe.  The updater can find the drive but fails to update.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:12:40 PM »
   do you get any error message when the updater fails?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!