Author Topic: where is the web page address?  (Read 2840 times)

DerFarm

• Calf
where is the web page address?
« on: August 27, 2016, 11:05:58 AM »
I cannot find the web page associated with my LS drive.  Probably because I don't know the terminology.  I would like to know how.

More description:

I have an LS-QVL 4T drive attached to my router.  It is visible to anyone who logs in to my Wi-Fi.  My wife decided to get on there and backup her drive, but couldn't create a folder without going into the existing folder.  Not knowing anything, I tried to get into the web page (presumably) which shows my drive stuff (198.168.1.6).  I haven't looked at it since installation in 2012.  Apparently, it belongs to some business in Quebec.

I know that I've used it before because I have the page address, userid, and password saved.

About a year ago, Comcast required that I change over to another router.  During the process, I couldn't get access to my LS drive.  while messing around, the problem magically fixed itself.  I promptly sacrificed a chicken and forgot about the whole thing.  The loss of the web page is probably associated with that.

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: where is the web page address?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:15 AM »
If a 192.168 address on your local network is redirecting to an outside website, you have something strange going on. You should be able to just point a web browser at the IP of the LinkStation and see the GUI. I would suspect that there is some malware hijacking your browser. Try a different browser and see if that will work.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 10:24:53 AM »
Use the NAS Navigator to find out whatever the current IP address is.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »
I would guess you don't have a backup. You should make one immediately if not sooner.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**