Author Topic: Linkstation Not Found  (Read 3956 times)

chasman14

• Calf
Linkstation Not Found
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:34:50 AM »
I have lost my Buffalo LS-XLAC3 on my NAS network.  All my computers show the LS-X3.0TL in NAS Navigator2 but when I try to access it through the network it takes like 2+ minutes to find each level of each directory - it is crazy slow. I finally captured a image showing what I think may be the problem:
http://www.chespax.us/images/ebd.jpg  shows the error message dialog box and the exclamation point on top of the drive image itself  that appears on each computer connected to the Linkstation.

Can I remove the actual drive, reformat it or what can I do to get the drive to work again.  Thanks for any help - I hate to just disconnect and not use the NAS drive

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation Not Found
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »
Bad sectors usually mean a physical issue with the disk.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

chasman14

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
Is there a way to reformat the drive (taking it physically out of the LX-XLAC3 case and reformating then returning it to the case) - or does it involve TFTP (whatever that is).

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 05:32:21 AM »
Formatting it wont fix bad sectors in this case. You would need to replace the disk and TFTP the unit.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!