Author Topic: I12 Operating in degraded mode  (Read 7287 times)

nshimek

• Calf
I12 Operating in degraded mode
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:56 AM »
I have Drive STation LS-WXL509.  I have info code (amber light blinking 1 long and 2 short) I12 Operating in degraded mode.  I have it set up as Array 1.  Navigator shows error on Disk one.  Does this mean the mirroring is not working? What do I do to correct this? I was trying to include a screen shot of my navigator page, but I can't figure out how.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: I12 Operating in degraded mode
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »
1. It's a Linkstation, not a Drivestation.
2. Array1 is the name of the RAID, not the RAID mode.
3. Post a screen shot of the NAS Navigator to imgur (http://imgur.com/) and post the link here.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

nshimek

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
See if this works.  http://imgur.com/NTODRD0 I cropped out info on the left.  Didn't know if its safe on imgur sight.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
Yeah so disk1 has failed, replace the disk, put it into the unit, reboot it and click "Rebuild RAID" (on the screen you posted). This will add the new disk to the RAID.

The process shouldn't affect the data on the remaining disk but make sure you have a backup incase.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

nshimek

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »
I replaced Disk 1, which was the disk with an error, and clicked "Rebuild Array".  Now I have a red light blinking 3 times which the manual says "The hard drive may be damaged. Replace the hard drive indicated by the red LED." 
I also received an email stating: DISK Error Notification

HDD error occurred
Disk(s) the error occurred:"Disk 2"

(sdb) READ sector:1828336 count:4
Disk writing error
Continuous backup is recommended.

[LinkStationInformation]
 LinkStationName: LS-WXL509 (LS-WXL)
 Time: 2016/07/26 06:03:01

I see no errors on the Linkstation Navigator page.  So is Disk 2 damaged now and needs to be replaced? Rebuild Array has comleted.  I have restarted the LinkStation.

nshimek

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 11:20:32 AM »
Red light is still blinking 3 times.  Do I need to replace drive 2 now?  OR buy a new Linkstation?  Or is there some other fix?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 11:50:58 AM »
Looks like you have been unlucky and had 2 disk failures in a short period of time. Personally i'd just replace the disk. Might not be any harm testing disk2 in a PC directly to make sure though.