Author Topic: LS220 SHOWS 7 TIMES BLINKING ERROR. NOT DETECTED BY WINDOWS.  (Read 4336 times)

luca de moliner

• Calf
Hallo,

Since friday I can't acces to my LS 220 NAS anymore.
NAS navigator can't see the NAS device.
PC says it does not detect my Buffalo LS220 anymore.
The device shows a 7 times red blinking error (sorry but I can't really interpretate instructions to understand blinking codes).
If I press the function button at the back, the device starts blinking white very fast. I let the device blinking white for a couple of days assuming that it was doing a sort of recover but this morning (monday) it was still blinking.
Weird thing is that if I try to switch off the device switching from ON to OFF nothing happens (keeps blinking).
To turn it off I have to unplug (but the switch works coz if I turn it ON from OFF status it does work).
I have all of my working data inside.
When I bought the device I thougt that if one of the hard disk was to be broken the other one would work.
I cant see any of the the two.
Can anyone help me?
I've been searching on the Buffalo site and on the internet and, even if the problem is reported several times, nobody gives a real solution to it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:33:08 AM by luca de moliner »

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS220 SHOWS 7 TIMES BLINKING ERROR. NOT DETECTED BY WINDOWS.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »
You need the recovery image for the unit, you can PM me for it. Bare in mind it will fix the unit but any data will be erased.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

luca de moliner

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »
thanks 4 answering.
don't know what PM means.
...and I forgot to say that my buffalo unit has 2 HD and one should contain the image data of the other (RID). Is there a way to access to datas assuming that I should have 2 copy of them? (if one is corrupted the other is ipotetically right isn't it?

Thank you again

luca de moliner

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 07:26:06 AM »
Ok got it. PM means Private Message. Not Post Meridian.
You saxon language people and your attitude to acronym everithing!  :) :) :)

I will contact you trough PM

msteinwender

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
Having similar issue with Navigator on Mac. is there a fix for this and can data be recovered? by inserting new drive?

tynis

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »
Did you happen to recently apply the Firmware Update that was released around June 27?  I did and today I have an E15 code.  Chapter Appendix 10 in manual indicates E15
The bad sectors have reached a dangerous level.  Replace the defective drive.   Seems odd to me that it has worked FLAWLESSLY since installation in Jan 2017 until now.  Just trying to figure out if others are having issues after upgrading the firmware.

Tokfan

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 11:00:41 AM »
Davo, do you still have that image? My damn NAS has this error after i switched discs in it.

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
Check out the post pinned at the top of the Storage Forum:
http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=30419.0

It has instructions for starting over with new drives on these devices.

If you'd be interested in trying Debian Linux rather than the stock firmware check out:
https://github.com/1000001101000/Debian_on_Buffalo