Author Topic: LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - help no access??  (Read 1816 times)

acepayday

• Calf
LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - help no access??
« on: July 06, 2016, 02:28:46 AM »
OK, I just picked up a LS-W1.0TGL/R1, downloaded the install SW and tried to install it but the install SW says there is no unit. This unit is connected via ethernet directly to my laptop running Vista business, and I know the computer's e-net port is good because I use it for other devices.

When powering up, the LS-W1.0TGL/R1 first shows the drive light flashing, then very briefly, a red "1" comes on once and goes off , then the power light comes on and blinks rapidly while the drive light is on and steady but "blinks" periodically as though the disks were being briefly accessed. While power is on, this condition stays constant. Also, the unit will not power down when the power switch is in the "off" position.

I've tried resetting the unit as per other advice here (hold the FUNC button for 6-sec while turning power from off to auto, the releasing FUNC button,  pressing and releasing it again) in the hopes of accessing the unit via browser at its' default (169.254.0.1) but unit is not found. No matter how or what I've tried, this unit cannot be seen by any of my 5 PCs, nor does it do anything other than what I described above. 

This unit was made in China but since I can't access it at all, I've no idea what version of the 3.xx firmware it's using, nor can I run any diagnostics on it.

Short of gutting it for the HDs, does anyone have any idea what's going on with this unit or how I can access it to find out if it's worth messing with any further? Is the power light supposed to keep rapidly blinking like it does?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - help no access??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 02:48:39 AM »
Run the NAS Navigator software with ALL security software disabled (anti virus and the Windows firewall) and see if it can see it at all then.

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/Download_t3f.php?elif=%2Fuserfiles%2Ffile%2Fdownloads%2FNASNavigator2.zip
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!