Author Topic: Restricting Access on LS-WVL  (Read 839 times)

1Click

• Calf
Restricting Access on LS-WVL
« on: July 01, 2016, 12:35:20 pm »
 I was attempting to copy files from LS-WVL to an external USB disk plugged into the back of it. It said there were permissions issues. So I read the FAQs on restrictions and tried to set up access using the Windows credentials for the Win 7 Pro machine I was on and it immediately dropped the mapped drive. When i try to access it through Network on that machine I get a a user and password login dialogue box.

I have tried the admin credentials, I went in created a new user with full RW access. Now I have a mess and seems to be hosed up big time. I can still get to through the browser and one other machine in the office can still access the drive.

Can anyone direct me to a where I can find instructions on Restricting access? Or in our case, "un"-restricting access. This drive is NOT accessible to the outside world. We are a small office and password protection and restricting access is not a concern. In fact, we would like to remove any access restrictions so we can freely move data from any computer with any user to the NAS and to the USB Disk hanging off of it.
thanks
 :-[

ezzaman

• Calf
Re: Restricting Access on LS-WVL
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:31:04 am »
It sounds like to me you need to go into web interface then into the shared folders and add the folders in the root directory that you want to share. You can only add them at the root level - you can't add subfolders of the root.

If you add them with read and write access, with the checkbox 'Shared Folder Support' for windows ticked, then everyone on the network should be able to access them. I am having problems trying to get webaccess to work, but need full access over the network for everyone, but just read access for web access.