Author Topic: LinkStation™ Duo - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Nova Backup  (Read 1702 times)

aseidman

• Calf
LinkStation™ Duo - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Nova Backup
« on: June 28, 2016, 12:39:03 PM »
I have windows 10 and LinkStation™ Duo - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Have new computer installed Navigator 2 fine but can't install backup software. Original disk came with Memeo but won't install and tried Nova backup and get an error message,unsupported operating system, major 6, version=2.2, sp=0.0, type-1 . Please advise.

Contacted support and they gave me the link to Nova backup which gives me the error message. Contacted support again no reply. Poor support service. If this can't be resolved will buy another NAS and it won't be from Buffalo.
Alan

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation™ Duo - LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Nova Backup
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
If you bought it and got memeo that means you bought the unit more than 5 years ago. You would need to purchase a windows 10 version of novastor.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Yeah, the Mimeo is pretty old school. Novastor software that works with windows 10 comes with recently purchased units.

Support has a 24 hour turnaround goal in email support.

Those hard drives won't last forever so you might think about a refresh. I've talked to a lot of people with older NASes that mistakenly thought they'd never have an issue because it had been ol' faithful for all those years.

Hard drives have a shelf life, and they all fail, eventually. LS220/420 is the current-gen equivalent of that unit.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

aseidman

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 11:35:27 AM »
I understand it is an old NAS but when I went to legacy units Nova backup was an option. I put in my model and serial number and was allowed to download Nova. That told me it was offered for me. If not why allow the download? Not responding to my email is poor service.