Author Topic: LinkStation not visible on network  (Read 18711 times)

BarryJH

• Calf
LinkStation not visible on network
« on: June 27, 2016, 02:51:15 AM »
Hi

My Link Station LS-WX2.0TL/R1 has vanished from the network. I've scanned all the IP addresses and it doesn't appear. Navigator 2 can't find it.

I've tried a factory reset using the function button but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Barry

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LinkStation not visible on network
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:49:09 AM »
Any error LEDs on the unit?
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

BarryJH

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
Hi

No errors shown, the unit boots up with the flashing blue power led and when the discs have finished 'thrashing' about the power led turns solid blue. It's not visible on the network and NAS Navigator can't find it.

:(

Regards
Barry

Eastmarch

• 1500 Lb Water Buffalo
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »
Do a direct network connection from your machine to the unit. Also, check the link lights on whatever it's connected to, like a switch. If it gets a solid power light, it's completing boot. Your issue is in networking somewhere.
**A single copy of data, even on a RAID array, is NOT a backup! Hard drive failure is not a question of IF, but WHEN! Don't take my word for it, take Google's!**

BarryJH

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
Hi

No luck, I've tried a direct connection to my laptop, NAS Navi just comes up with a connection error.

Connection error:
Some disk information not obtained
Failed to get error information

The drive icon is displayed in NAS Navi with a red triangle with an exclamation mark!

I've tried a factory reset but that doesn't seem to want to work, I try powering on holding in the reset button then releasing and pressing the reset button but nothing happens.

Barry

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 11:01:25 AM »
What ip is showing in the NAS navigator? Set you PC NIC to the same range to get the correct error from the NAS navigator
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

BarryJH

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 12:16:09 PM »
The NIC is set to the same range, the IP address of the LS was set to 192.168.101.30 which is the IP range of my local network, however as I said in earlier posts the LS is not visible on the LAN.

If I connect directly to my laptop which is also set to run in the same IP range then I get the error as reported earlier.

Thanks
Barry

BarryJH

• Calf
Re: LinkStation not visible on network - SOLVED!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 04:27:30 AM »
Hi Guys

Problem solved!

You were quite correct about the IP addressing. I realised that my router was set to issue DHCP addresses from 192.168.101.30 onwards but my LS was set with a fixed IP address of 192.168.101.30 and was set to Auto switch on.

When my PC started it grabbed 192.168.101.30 from the DHCP server before my LS had booted so there was a IP address conflict. For the moment I've just changed the LS to pull an address from the DHCP server. If I decide to use a fixed IP address I'll just have to set it to use one below '30'.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I got there in the end!

Regards
Barry