Author Topic: 3TB External Hard Drive not working (HD LBU 3)  (Read 2123 times)

vipulsoni

• Calf
3TB External Hard Drive not working (HD LBU 3)
« on: May 31, 2016, 06:30:22 AM »
Hi,

I am very upset to see my external 3tb hard drive having issues (dead) and noisy after two years of reliable performance. Issue was that External Hard Drive switches on with the PC and then make a continuous noise and then goes dead with light on. After doing some checks on other forums I took out the hard drive out of the casing and put it in the CPU directly with the correct SATA Cables. The Noise and behavior from the hard drive was there still and therefore I can now understand the drive is dying.

What made me surprised was I felt Buffalo as a reliable brand and thus the reason I bought the fat 3tb external HDD but upon opening the external casing inside the Hard Drive was Seagate  :(  >:(  :o
 :-[  :-X :'(

I know seagate hard drives as a highly unreliable and waste of money brand and I would never buy seagate hard disks. But in this case I felt Buffalo cheated me with the Seagate in Buffalo branding casing. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I will never buy Buffalo again and will of-course rely better on Western Digital Hard Drives.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: 3TB External Hard Drive not working (HD LBU 3)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
Some disks are seagate some are WD, none last forever.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!