Author Topic: Axis NAS storage & Buffalo 5200 DS  (Read 1787 times)

elchiki

• Calf
Axis NAS storage & Buffalo 5200 DS
« on: April 21, 2016, 09:09:35 AM »
Hello everybody,

I have just bought a Buffalo 5200DS 8T for the continuous recordings of my five Axis HD cam. Each cam has its own folder of 1.4 T created automatically by Axis Camera Companion.

Everything is supposed to work fine..... but it happens sometimes that 1 or 2 cams lose contact with the NAS (only when the dedicated folder is full)

I remember that I put the cleanup level of the Networkshare at 98 % on each cam.....do you believe that my problem could originate from this setting ?

Thank you fro your input

Eric, Switzerland

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Axis NAS storage & Buffalo 5200 DS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:47 AM »
I'm not sure what setting you're referring to. In the Camera Companion software there is a setting for oldest recording to keep and the camera should also be aware of the quota it's allowed. Where is the percentage setting located? What model cameras are you using?

elchiki

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 01:16:01 AM »
Thank you for your answer. ACC allows to limit the number of days you want the recordings to be kept, what I have done.

In the cams settings, you can also and additionally set the cleaning level for the dedicated partition in the NAS. It is this number that I have set to 98 % I was wondering if the lose of contact for some cams when the partition is full originates from this. In other words, does the Buffalo NAS manages to make sufficient space at time for the new recordings with a cleanup level of 98 % ?

Thanks a lot for your input

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
I'm not familiar with that setting on the Axis cameras, you might run this question past the folks at Axis. I would make certain that the cameras have the latest FW version. I've seen other Axis cameras stop talking to storage occasionally and the cameras I have here have worked much better after their latest FW update.